Ashley’s Recommendations: Can lessen fat content of this geoduck chowder by substituting half and half or milk, using cornstarch to thicken.
* 10 oz sliced geoduck
* 4 tbsp unsalted butter
* 1 1/2 onions, diced
* 4 cups clam juice
* 2 cups heavy cream
* 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
* 1 celery stalk, diced
* 1 large red or white potato, peeled and diced
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
* 1/2 lemon, juiced
* 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
* 1 tbsp flour
1. Grind geoduck in meat grinder until roughly chopped.
2. Melt butter over low heat in a large stockpot. Cook onions until soft.
3. Add geoduck and cook an additional 3 min, stirring occasionally to avoid browning.
4. Add clam juice and bring to a boil.
5. Add cream and return to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
6. Add carrots, celery, and potato. Cook over medium-low heat until veggies are tender, about 10 min.
7. Make the Buerre Maine by mixing softened butter and flour together to form a paste. Press into a whisk and stir into soup until evenly dispersed.
8. Stir in remaining Ingredients, adjusting seasonings to taste.
Does this “gooey duck” recipe sound tasty to you? Perhaps you have some ideas on how we could make it better? Please let us know what you think by leaving a comment below!