Ashley’s Recommendations: Can add a pinch of chili powder for more kick!
* 1 cup flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1/3 cup clam juice
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1/3 cup milk
* 2 tsp butter, melted
* 1 geoduck clam, cleaned and diced
* Vegetable oil
* Lemon wedges
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Line a baking dish with paper towels and set aside.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl.
4. Add the clam juice, eggs, and milk and beat thoroughly with a wire whisk. Fold in the butter and geoduck.
5. Fill a large saucepan or wok halfway with vegetable oil and heat to 375 degrees. Very carefully, drop large spoonfuls of batter into the hot oil and 3 to 4 minutes, turning once, or until the fritters are golden brown on both sides.
6. Drain on paper towels, then transfer the fritters to the prepared baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm.
7. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.
Does this “gooey duck” recipe sound tasty to you? Perhaps you have some ideas on how we could make it better? Please let us know what you think by leaving a comment below!