Ashley’s Recommendations: Use low sodium chicken stock for healthier, less salty chowder.
- 1 cup of short grain rice
- 2 tbsp of white miso paste
- 8 cups of chicken stock or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of ginger
- 1 small geoduck, trimmed and sliced thin
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1/2 cup of corn flakes
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- In a large saucepan or soup pot, combine rice and stock or water and bring to a boil. Watch carefully to avoid boiling over.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 1 hour or until rice grains are soft and broken up.
- Allow to cool slightly then process in food processor or blender until smooth. Add more stock if soup is too thick and return to pot.
- Bring rice chowder to a boil, add miso paste and stir to mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add ginger and cook for 1 minute to infuse flavors.
- Remove from heat, add geoduck slices and stir.
- Divide into bowls, garnish with a drizzle of sesame oil, a sprinkle of corn flakes and green onions and serve immediately.