Ashley’s Recommendations: Delicious over stir-fried noodles.
* 4 dried shitake mushrooms
* 1/2 cup boiling water
* 1 live geoduck
* 1/4 cup flour
* 3 tbsp butter
* 4 cup baby spinach, loosely packed
* 2 tbsp sake
* 1 tbsp soy sauce
* 1 green onion, sliced
1. Place mushrooms in bowl with the boiling water to reconstitute, about 5 min. Strain through fine sieve or coffee filter, reserving liquid.
2. Remove stems and slice mushrooms.
3. Clean geoduck and slice into bite sized pieces. Dredge in flour, and shake off extra.
4. Melt 1 tbsp in butter. Sear geoduck until golden brown, about 2 min.
5. Add mushrooms, spinach, soy sauce and sake and fry for another minute.
6. Remove all with slotted spoon and return pan to heat.
7. Add mushroom water and reduce slightly.
8. Whisk in remaining butter and add green onion.
9. Pour over geoduck and serve.
Does this “gooey duck” recipe sound tasty to you? Perhaps you have some ideas on how we could make it better? Please let us know what you think by leaving a comment below!